mobile menu button
Home > The Parish Room

The Parish Room

GREAT BLAKENHAM PARISH ROOM

The Parish Room is a well known landmark in Great Blakenham and is one of the older building in the villages. Built in 1897, it was leased from Eton College on a 99 year lease for one shilling per annum. In 1967 it was sold by Eton College to the Parochial Church Council for £100 and in 2000 it was refurbished and extended.


Today it is used as a small community space and is a valuable asset to the village. A number of groups meet regularly, such the Art Group, Meet’n’Eat, mother and toddler group and a yoga class. Great Blakenham Parish Council hold Council Meetings in the Room. It is also available to hire for private events such as parties and meetings.


There is plenty of parking behind the Parish Room and a small outside area. Inside there is one main room, plus a kitchen area with a fridge, a microwave and an oven. Supplies of cutlery, crockery and glasses are available. There is a toilet with disabled access.


The contact for queries about booking the Parish Room is Reg Barton on 01473 839958.


The Parish Room is owned and managed by the Parochial Church Council of St. Mary’s Church, Great Blakenham and has no connection with Great Blakenham Parish Council. This page on our website is provided as a courtesy to help publicise the Room and increase its use.

 parish roomparish room history

PR insidePR inside 1